Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When boys read of penis

I was at the library this evening losing myself among the shelves of books. While perusing the childrens section in search of books for school next week I overheard a group(3) of pubescent boys reading aloud amongst themselves. What were they reading? Well, it was about puberty. It started off with talks of their skin being oily which means they need to wash more or they may get pimples. Things moved rapidly to the penis. The size of the penis, what the penis will do, coarse hairs surrounding the penis among much giggling. Apparently the book featured "print outs" that you were supposed to print out, color and label. The penis was to be colored red. One boy commented "My penis doesn't look like that!". Things moved on the erections and masterbation. More giggling. The boy reading stumbled with the word "scrotum". I almost popped around the book shelf to pronounce it for him. Once they got to the female parts many screams of "EW!" filled the room. Penis reading came to an end. They decided to seize the opportunity to play with puppets instead. I can't wait for my boys to be pubescent...

No comments: