Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sunday, a day of no rest

Sunday we let our Amish tractor rest, but we didn't. Instead, we started getting our trees in the ground. I can't believe it took all day to plant 3 trees and cut down 2 exsisting trees. Oh, we also planted the rest of the Raspberries. Mom, Matty and Emmy came for a visit to hang out with the kids so Clint and I could focus on the tasks at hand. Ozzy has developed a taste for wandering off. Little bugger.


We started the day off cutting down an existing crabapple tree that wasn't going to much bigger than it already was, which wasn't big. It did not provide the shade we wanted on our porch. Out it came for a younger, prettier, will be bigger model. I feel so shallow. The kids had a good time helping to dig out the stump.
Hadley was so overcome with joy at extracting the stump and rolling it onto the pile of brush she stood on a dirt pile to do a victory dance with dirt clumps.
She also jumped for joy.

In between commenced the planting of 3 trees. I didn't get any documentation of that. I did get an end of the day shot with the trees now planted. Except for that little guy on the right, that one is acting as a placeholder for the Crimson King we will be getting later in the season. That particular tree will be going down near the garden in the next day or 2.

Ozzy watering the tree I planted.

No comments: