Friday, October 17, 2008

Lazy Friday

I love lazy Friday's. My Grandma came for a visit today. That was nice, it has been a while since she has been up to visit. I finally got our Nature Table set up. It looks pretty and the children are having a good time adding to it. We really spent a lazy day playing and painting.

We have some plans for this weekend. Tomorrow, Clint is going to work in the morning and I need to drop off a clients portraits. When he gets home we are all heading down to Gran and Poppi's house. Mom is going to watch the kids for a bit while I go on a photo shoot(Laura and the twins!) and Clint picks up our Red Oak trees(2). We will have supper down there and then come home. Sunday we are going on the annual Stony Valley Foliage Drive.
A 19 mile trip made along an abandoned railroad bed through 44,000 acres of game land that is usually closed to cars. We make a few stops along the trail at some old house foundations and eat lunch surrounded by forest. I am going to take along our Fall Leaf Tree Idnetification book. Sunday evening will probably be spent planting trees.

Our Nature Table filled with Autumn goodies.
Milkweed seeds in a jar.
Tiny pinecones found on a walk.

The books that the children made from their leaf rubbings.
A pumpkin house for a mouse drawing that Corby drew after I had read "Patchy Pumpkin" to them all.

Taking it easy painting fall pictures.

No comments: