skip to main |
skip to sidebar
For the birds
Since I can finally post pictures I figured I would update the winter long bird feeding project. The kids are really having fun watching the birds and can identify quite a few of them by sight now. I can identify a few of them by the sound they make(chickadee, goldfinch, titmouse and bluejay). It is really fun when you walk past the feeder and see a new bird. I like trying to find it in our bird book. Hadley's favorite are the Titmice, Corb likes the Bluejays, Lennon likes them all. So far we have identified the following birds at our feeder...
1. House Sparrows(in hordes)
2. Titmice(a lot)
3. Goldfinch(more than you would think)
4. House Finch(also a bunch)
5. Chickadee(only ever seen 2 at a time)
6. Junco(started slow, now a ton)
7. Nuthatch(Clint saw this one once, I hope it comes back)
8. Bluejays(4 of them and only first thing in the morning, they like the peanuts)
9. Wren(not sure what kind and only seen twice very early in the morning)
10. Black Cap Sparrow(I think that is the name, seen 2 times)
11. Mourning Doves(they hang around on the clothesline but come to the feeder every now and then)

1 comment:
We have a bird book that we use to look up the birds we don't know. Color me lame :)
Post a Comment