We accomplished a lot this weekend without really doing anything. The chicken brooder is finished and mostly set up. The temp in it holds a good 100 degrees under the lights but provides cooler temps on the outskirts of the lights. The chicks, ducks, and geese will have ample room to move where to the temp they feel comfortable at. Wednesday I'll set up the pine shavings. When Clint goes to get them the morning they arrive I'll add the water, food and turn on the lights. The kids have been asking every day if "today is the day the peepies come". They ship on Wednesday, I predict they'll be here Friday.
We talked about what the kids will be getting for Easter. Each of them is going to get a metal bucket and a really nice shovel. They will each get some M&M's, mini chocolate eggs, chocolate bunny, kit kat bunny ears, and marshmallow peeps. Now for the best part, I was checking stuff out at walfart yesterday, I can color coordinate the candy with the buckets and shovels. How simple am I? I was too excited about this discovery. I need to get out more.
Along with Easter comes Ozzfest(Ozzy's first birthday). We always go really big on the 1st birthday with something they will be able to use for years to come. We've decided to get another wagon. We figure that then there will be 2 kids to a wagon. It was between this and a ride on tractor type powerwheels thing. Wagon won because of the longer predicted use. We use the wagon we have now to bring in our garden "harvest", moving hay/straw to the chickens, taking weeds to the compost and so forth. So, a wagon it is. Luckily we don't have to trek the 2 hours to Lancaster to get this one. There is a place 15 minutes away that sells the same wagons that we have now(the big ass Amish made one). We'll go get it sometime before his birthday.
Along with Easter and Ozzfest comes Hadley's birthday...2 weeks later. We decided on new rain/farm boots for her. Hers are really too small. I love the ones we ordered. I think she will, too. See them here. I found them on ebay for cheaper than that. I love pretty much everything this brand has to offer. I am also going to order a Unicorn book for her. That girl loves unicorns.
Once again, I have to thank ebay. Corby found a little Ty beanie baby from a McDonalds Happy Meal that I had gotten years and years ago in my Mom's basement. He has been carrying this turtle around with him ever since. It reminds him of Franklin turtle. He calls it Little Turtle. Little Turtle basically lives in Franklins shell. Little Turtle jumped ship in the driveway when my Mom brought Corb home on Saturday. Little Turtle was found yesterday ripped to shreds by Dewey. RIP Little Turtle. Corb was very upset. I popped on ebay....BAM, 10 min later and we have a new MIB Little Turtle on it's way to us.
Finally, a note about Corb. He has been peeing in and on things. It all started with him peeing in the bathtub(and I don't mean when he was taking a bath), we talked about it and it stopped for a while. Last Monday Hadley comes running out to us yelling 'Corby peed in his hamper!'. Sure enough he had pissed in his hamper. I made him clean it, talked to him about where he is supposed to pee. He was at my Mom's for a few days. Saturday I hear Hadley "Corby is peeing on the sink!". Sure enough, Corb is standing on the bathroom counter and he had peed in the bathroom sink. WTF? Poor Lennon got the short end of that stick. He got piss in the eye. He kept saying "Corb pee my eye". Again, we made him clean it up, told him why we can't pee anywhere but the potty. Then yesterday he pissed in the bathroom vent(it is on the floor). And again, he cleaned it up, got a talk. We also told him he must tell us when he has to go potty and we will be going with him so we can watch him. He wasn't happy but this is getting nuts. If he was a cat he would be banished to the basement. I am guessing it is an attention/control thing. I just hope it passes before my house smells like a giant pot.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment