Monday, October 22, 2007

Weekend update

This weekend was a big success!!

Friday-it rained all day. I got all the Thomas trains down, minus the lead filled ones that were already sent back, from the attic. I pushed the couch back against the wall so we had the entire large common area to build. The kids spent the entire day building, destroying and rebuilding. It was so much fun.

Saturday-Clint worked until 3. When he got home we left for the 2 hour trip to see my brother at college. His campus is very nice. His room smelt like boy. It was gross. We had a great dinner with our family and Emmy's family. I love that now I have an actual picture in my head of the places he talks about. Matty loved showing the kids all of the fun places around campus.

Sunday-Clint worked until 2. In the morning I met my Mom at SKH to check out the deals on trees. They have some really great deals right now. Unfortunately, we still aren't sure what exactly we want. We are going to discuss it some more before we actually buy trees. More on that later. I also wanted to scope out the shrubs, perennials, mums and bulbs. We just cleaned out a flower bed next to our barn. I wanted to get stuff planted in it asap. We plan on transplanting some light purple and white lilacs from my Mom's in the spring. I also wanted to put in some butterflies, spring bulbs, mums and something for the summer(I might just end up sticking in some annuals).

Anyway, we ended up heading to Home Depot to look at all of that stuff. I ended up getting 2 large butterfly bushes(pink and white), a hydrangea, 3 nest spuce shrubs, 4 mums and 4 bags of bulbs for 50 bucks. I didn't think that was bad at all for what I got and to replant an whole flowerbed. Score. I'll post before and after pictures tomorrow. We are going to plant it tonight after Clint gets home.

And so begins the 4 day scramble to get everything done before Becktoberfest. I have a long list of things that need done before party time. I will be cleaning pretty much between now and Saturday. I will only be breaking when Oz needs to eat. Speaking of Oz. I am so excited! His namesake is coming to our party!!! My great Uncle, whose middle name is Landis, flew in from California this weekend for an unscheduled visit(family drama) and he has decided to come with my Grandma to our party!!! He cried on the phone when I told him Ozzy was given the middle name of Landis for him. This will be the first time he gets to meet Oz in person..and the first time he will be at our new house!

No comments: