Thursday, October 04, 2007

Big ol update

What have we been up to? Get all your answers now...

Homeschooling-we took a break. Yes, after only 2 weeks. It just wasn't working. I found a book about the Charlotte Mason style of homeschooling. I loved most of it. I decided to apply some of her philosophies and styles of learning. Today was our first day. LOVING IT! Another big change we made is that for actual school things I am working only with Corby. He is eating up that one on one time. We did a real loose interpretation of what I want to be doing one day but it was a good start. Corb practiced writing the number 4, worked with simple patterns, what comes next, dot-to-dots and some simple addition. He also practiced writing his name. With Hadley and Lennon we did a collage on what you wear in the fall and made a womery. Over the next few weeks I want to slowly start adding new things. I am excited.

Swimming lessons-Corb and Hadley will start swimming lessons at the Y on Oct. 15th. They are excited and a little reserved. I told them I will not be able to be right with them, but I will be watching them.

Clint's Aunt Bev has started visiting us weekly. She brings along the kids cousin, D. They have so much fun playing together and I am really enjoying the adult conversation.

We've decided to host our second annual Fall Gathering party in the barn at the end of the month. So far the guest list is rounding out at about 70. I am excited. I have a bunch of fun games in mind for the kids. We are using a lot of things that we have on hand for decorations(hay, straw, corn stalks and pumpkins). I love that we grew most of our decorations. I can't wait to make some fun food for the party, too. Carmel apples, hot apple cider...mmmmmm.

That is us for now in a nutshell. We be busy. HA!

2 comments:

YEAHBOYEEEZ said...

I cna't beleive I didn't make it onto an invite list of 70+. Booooo!

Nikki said...

Duh, you have an open door invite. You can come anytime. Ya big Dope.