Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hard on cameras

Me that is. I must be hard on my cameras. Oops. A few weeks ago I noticed my, just had it for a year, camera couldn't focus sometimes and refused to let me take a picture. It seemed random so I didn't think too hard on it. It has gotten worse. Yesterday, I did some formal testing. Come to find there is one focus point that is not working. Meaning, if I set my focus to that one point it either doesn't focus at all, or focuses very poorly, or gets close to focused but won't take a picture. Blasted. It happens with all 3 of my lenses. Double blast.

So, I've identified the problem. Or, what the problem is causing..whatever. I set out to find a solution. I find nothing. Crap. We have the extended warranty on the darn thing. We contact the place we bought it. They don't have any kind of troubleshooting for this kind of "issue". We have to send it in to be looked at. They will determine then if they can fix it or if it needs replaced. Good, but scary. Very scary. This is supposed to only take 10 days. What if something happens during shipping? What if they say they never received it? What if I never get it back? Oh, and I need the darn thing on the 31st and on Sept 7th for shoots.

Now I have a moral dilemma. Do I feel confident enough in the camera to do these 2 shoots and then send the camera in to be looked at? Do I just reschedule the shoots? The one on the 31st is with a family from DC, I would hate to do that to them. But, at the same time don't I want to give them my best? If I could, I would just buy a backup camera, but I don't have that amount of cash laying around.

I went out the other night and got pictures of Hadley with my ugly free chair. The pictures stink(thanks to the focus issues with it). But, you can see the ugly chair. We got it at someone's house. It was on their porch with a free sign. It needs a cushion but it will be easy enough to fashion something for it.






No comments: