It all started Saturday morning. We left to house to go to my parents. We had a birthday party to go to after we dropped off our things(we were staying the night because Sunday was Donut Day). We get about half way there when we see a huge chunk of ice fly off the top of tractor trailer truck. The sucker had to be about 4ft across and 2ft wide. Clint slowed down to avoid it. The same time it was impacting in the other lane about 100 feet in front of us there was a loud crash. A chunk of ice that neither of us had seen smashed into the windshield. Right in front of me. I am just so thankful it didn't come through. There wouldn't have been any good outcome from that at all. As it was it just shattered the windshield and cracked half of it.
I get on the phone with 911 to report the truck. Clint sped up so we can get the tag numbers and try to flag the guy down. Fucker ignored us completely. We were right next to his window honking the horn and motioning him to pull over. Totally ignored us. The 911 guy told us we needed to pull over. We get stopped and a cop comes to do a report. They don't know if they can find the guy because we got the trailer tag number and not the actual truck tag. Now we know for next time. The kids were freaked out, I was freaked it. It just wasn't a fun experience. I am just glad we are all ok. We sat at a gas station while we waited for my Mom to come and haul us around. We took the van to Cindy Rowe for repair. We had to wait until yesterday for it to be done.


Sunday ended up being pretty uneventful. We made donuts and all was well. Then Monday began part 2 of our sucky weekend. Since we were stuck at my parents until the van was done I decided to with my Dad to his Farmer appt. Our family Farmer died a month ago(that sucked big time) and I wanted to get my chart from his office since we are going to try and find a farmer closer to the house. I am so glad I went with my Dad. He has been complaining about his leg hurting. Charlie horse type pain and it was swollen. His farmer said she felt a mass in it and wanted him to go for another u/s right away. He has been having the pain for about a month now, he had an u/s 2 weeks ago to check the blood flow and it looked good.
We get to the place for the u/s. As he was getting it done he asked the tech if the blood was still flowing. She said "No, not like the last time". I could tell Dad got nervous then. I was watching what she was doing. From the little I know of u/s I could see what I thought was less and less blood flow as she went down his leg. When she was done she told him we would have to wait until the Dr. looked at it and gave Dad instructions. We waited. His instructions....you have a significant blood clot. Go to the ER right away to be admitted to the hospital. Holy damn. I could tell my Dad was nervous. He said to me "What do you take?". I told him a toothbrush and some deodorant. He called my Mom who came home from work right away to take him to the ER. Clint and I had to go and pick up our van. I called my brother. He decided to take off of work so we could both go down to the hospital and be with Dad. While Clint and I are picking up the van my Mom calls. They got to the hospital alright but on the way there the power steering belt broke on their truck. Super.
Matty and I get to the hospital. The dr. is in with Dad talking to him. Dad really did not want to be admitted and he was scared. The Dr. told him he could either stay and get the blood thinning medicine started or he could go home and have a visiting nurse come twice a day to check on him and help him give himself shots. He was struggling to decide what to do, but ended up deciding to go home. He figured he would be more comfortable there. He was nervous about recognizing signs that the clot came loose, that would kill him. The dr. told him what to look for and he said they would be checking every day. He can't go to work for the next week or so until they get his medicine figured out. My Mom is staying with him today, my grandma tomorrow and I am going down Thursday and Friday. It was scary but seems to have ended well. Thank goodness they caught it.
Now, I just hope we are done with this kind of stuff for a nice long time.
No comments:
Post a Comment