We have newbies coming over on Saturday evening. The dude works with Clint. They live about 5 minutes from us. Thank goodness I've already been cleaning like a nut. I have minimal to do for tomorrow. This couple does not have kids. We are a little scared that our kids will scare them. It is always weird to have non-kid people around. Anyway, I am thinking this could go 2 ways. 1. They could be really cool and it would be awesome to have some people around that we know(that aren't Amish). 2. They are desperate suckage people and it will take years of us nicely blowing them off before they get it.
Yesterday and the day before we rearranged our bedroom and Lennon's room. I say we, but I mean I demanded-um, asked Clint nicely to do it for me. Everything looks much better now. I went through the kids dressers and pulled out all of the outgrown clothing. Then I looked into the "next season" clothing bins to see who needs what. Corb needs shorts, he has 2 for at home and that is it. Hadley needs "good" stuff for spring and summer. Lennon should be set. I still need to get into the attic and see what I have up there. McRib should be pretty good also.
I've been a shopping fool. I ordered 2 shirts for McRib from Little Show Offs, 2 pairs of BabyLegs, and 3 outfits from Zutano. I got McRibs Little Giraffe blankets yesterday and they are divine. I think I am going to get one of the fur ones for Lennon from McRib. Lennon was very excited when I opened the box with the blankets in yesterday(he has his own LG blanket that he loves). He ran over and exclaimed "Woooooooooooooooooooooow!". I gave him his blanket and hid the others.
Corb cracked me up the other day. Hadley was talking to me about strawberries. She said I would have to get some more at the grocery store. I said yes, that I would get some when I go. She said she wanted to go with me and I said Ok. Corb got all serious and said "Mommy, you can't go to the grocery store, there would be no big ones here". I laughed. He uses "big ones" for adults. I love it.
I think Lennon is starting to have nightmares. He will wake up once a night at a random time screaming like he is scared. He doesn't want anything really. One of us just goes over to him, holds him for a minute and he goes back to sleep.
We hope to get the last coat of paint in the hallway today or tomorrow. My Mom is coming up on Sunday to help with the fooky crow boarder. I can't wait to see it. I think it is going to look fantastic. Next room on the agenda is our room. I hope we can get it painted before McRib gets here.
Friday, February 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment