Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hadley's horse flu

Saturday we(Hadley, Mom and I) went to the annual Herb Festival at Landis Valley. As usual we visited the turkey, then we visited the 2 beautiful work horses they have. One is white and one is dapple grey. The dapple one was standing with her head over the fence, the white was standing a few feet back under a tree. They both appeared to be sleeping. We where petting the grey one's head. Then, H climbed on the fence, right next to the grey horses head, startling the horse. The horse just reached over and bit H on the shoulder. It was so fast! Hadley flipped out to say the least. We made a visit with First Aid to get it washed and a bit of ice. Then we had to fill out a report with the Special Events director. She actually said she didn't like horses for a little bit, but by the evening she was back to loving them. Just not that particular one. It is healing very well. It is just bruised now and not even as much as I thought it would be.

In other corners of the house...all my herbs have been planted! 4 Basil, the number I plant each year keeps going up. We use so much of it. 1 Winter Thyme, 1 Curly Parsley, 1 Chive, 1 Eucalyptus, 1 Marjoram, and 1 Mullen. I also got 1 heritage tomato(German Strawberry), 3 Amish Paste and 2 pepper plants. Everything is planted but the tomatoes. Tiller Guy is coming tonight to till the half of the garden that still has hairy vetch growing in it. Then, we will plant the tomatoes and a few other things.

We have 3 peeps that hatched on Sunday/Monday. Hadley asked if we could hatch some peepies. Of course I said yes. They are all black with a little bit of white. Speaking of fowl...we have 7 Guinea Keets coming in about 2 weeks along with a male Turkey Poult. I can't wait.

No comments: