Friday, February 06, 2009

Root

Yesterday I wanted to do a small self project. "What does a day with us look like?". That got interrupted at 9:45 when Clint called me to see if I could be ready to go to the Dentist at 11.

No.

I dislike going to the dentist. I blame my childhood dentist. He was mean. You could be in visible pain and he would just keep drilling. I don't go unless I have a lot of pain. Which, I am sure is wrong but don't judge me. I had a toof that had been hurting off and on for months but the pain was intermittent and manageable. Tuesday evening it started hurting, it continued all day Wednesday, Thursday morning I told Clint to go ahead and call the dentist. I knew it was going to need a root canal. I knew it. But, I figured they would send me away in a few weeks to have it done. Time to prepare myself.

WRONG!

I sat in the chair, they did an xray, in comes the dentist. "You need a root canal", she says, "I am going to do it now". WHAT?!?!?

2.5 hours, one crooked root and a dam later I have a temp fix on my toof and some wicked pain killers.

And for all the haters on antidentites-I go on Tuesday for a reg. cleaning and check-up. They were really nice in there so I plan to start going regularly. If not for me, then for the children. Who do go regularly and like it.

No comments: