One quick side note, I promised myself I was just going to take snapshots, no trying to be artsy fartsy. I find that sometime I get caught up in trying to make everything "correct" and forget to just capture the friggen moment. I did not want to do that on our trip. I shot in auto the whole time(which totally sucked by the way) so my photos look like shit. Focus all over, exposures all weird, pin lights...but I did do what I set out to do and that was to just capture out trip. Yay for me.
Anyway, we arrived at the Zoo with time to spare. Really, it was just a zoo with all of your typical zoo creatures so I don't have too much to say. Corb's favorite animal was the Elephant. Hadley's were the Giraffes. Lennon really wanted to see the Lions. Ozzy...who knows. He likes bears.
Here is a pic of the kids checking out the Lion statue that is there to greet you when you walk in. Hadley is mapping out a route for us.
After our route was laid out for us we made our way to the African Jungle. Here the kids are checking out some Okampi...Okapi? Whatever, they looked like horses with Zebra legs.
What happened next is going to be saved for Part 2. It involves Chimpanzees and gave us a whole new meaning for "I am going to come at you like a Spider Monkey".After the Incident, this Lemur thing walked up to us and farted. Yes, farted. My Dad asked "Is that thing growling?" My Mom's reply "No, that thing is farting at us. It's tail is lifted and it is FARTING". It was fab-u-lous. I almost fell over laughing.
The Lions must've heard the kids were coming which resulted in them laying low for the day. We did not get to see them all. This had to do.
Finally, the 3 elder kids got to feed this really nice Giraffe named Angel. It was cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment