Sunday, June 08, 2008

Strawberries

We picked a bunch of strawberries Thursday night and again last night. We decided to freeze them for later use since we could never use all the ones we have. We have at least 10 quarts in the big freezer. I hope we can get at least one more big haul from them before they are done. It feels good knowing they are in the freezer and that we will be able to taste our garden during the winter.

It has been wicked hot. We went from having frost 2 weeks ago to almost 100 degree weather(with that lovely old friend humidity). We've been in extreme heat watches since Friday. It is just disgusting. Disgusting. WTF happened to Spring?

Yesterday was the annual Eville Community yard and craft sale. We've missed it past years and decided to check it out. It was HUGE! I think the entire of Eville had stuff out in their yards. We didn't find anything to bring home but it was nice to walk around. We got up early and went before it got too hot. Still, we were drenched by the time we were done. Gross.

Today, Clint went to work-the last OT opportunity until July 1st. Mom and Dad are coming up for their weekly visit.

I ordered some shorts from Old Navy. I was pleased to find that even though I ordered the correct size they are much too big on me :) I am going to exchange them for a smaller size. It is freakin awesome.


No comments: