Sunday, June 01, 2008

I could kick my own ass

Today was another Fish for Free day. Emmy asked her neighbour if we could fish in his pond(I guess her brothers fish there often). He gave the ok so we headed on over. It was beautiful! It was back in the woods and there were so many fish! The kids actually all caught some little sunnies, several times. And the only bait we used was corn. HA! Mom got the kids 2 little fishing rods to share. They had so much fun. I was so so mad I forgot my camera. I will be taking it with when we go back. The looks on the kids faces when they saw the fish was too awesome.

Yesterday was a funny one for Hadley. Clint went in to work. Hadley was her usual "feed me now or I'll eat you" as soon as she woke up. I got her some cereal. A little bit later, after all the kids had gotten up from the table, I asked Lennon if he was done with his cereal. He ran back to the table to eat the rest of his cereal. Meanwhile, Hadley came running to the table yelling she wasn't done with hers. I looked at her bowl thinking "WTF is she talking about? Her cereal is all gone." Upon reaching her chair she scowled and began yelling "WHERE IS MY CEREAL!" I told her that since it was gone she must've eaten it all. To which she yelled "NO I DIDN'T!!!! YOU GAVE IT TO OZZY!!!" Um no, try again sister. This went on for a little before I gave up. You just can't with against Hadley.

A few hours later she fell asleep, and not on the toilet(but that is another story). She napped for 3 hours(very rare). When she woke up she had missed lunch by an hour and a half. She of course started up saying she was hungry. I asked what she would like for lunch. She then said to me "No, it isn't lunch. It is breakfast." I said to her "Girlfriend, you weren't asleep all night, you just had a nap. It is lunchtime now". Her retort "NO, we eat breakfast after we sleep and we wake up!". Ok then. She had a PB sammich for "breakfast".

On to the toilet story. Thursday afternoon we were outside. Hadley told me she had to go poo. A few minutes later I went to check on her because it seemed she had been gone a little too long. I found her fast asleep sitting on the toilet. I started cracking up. I did take pictures but I am not posting them out here for all the world to see. I might hang one in the bathroom though. After pulling up her pants I moved her to her bed where she slept for a good hour.

Sister has also taught herself to whistle. She is very proud. I remember when Corb did this about a year ago and how proud he was when he finally got it.

No comments: