Thursday, May 01, 2008

Grow Garden!

A good portion of the garden has been planted. So far we have in Peas, Potatoes, Broccoli, Onions, Carrots and Tomatoes(inside yet). The Strawberries and Raspberries are looking fab-u-lous. It is fun to see everything growing outside again.

The Geese and Ducks are doing their job. Very well. They've already saved us hours of weeding. Once the whole garden is planted, they won't be able to be in it to weed until the plants get bigger. For that time we are going to put them in the orchard to eat the grass. We hope it is as successful at saving us mowing time. I am very glad we decided to get them. Even Clint sings their praises to everyone that asks about them.

This week the weather has turned cooler, cold even. Since we can't be outside all day like we were last week I decided to start Spring Cleaning. Yesterday I got our bedroom done. It is cleaner than Martha's house and delightfully clutter free. I even went through my closet and drawer to weed out clothing that is much too big for me now. Today I plan on tackling the kids bedroom. Ooo..scary.

The lilacs are just about ready to bloom. I am going to bring a few inside today to put in a vase on the kitchen table. I just love how they smell.

Ozzy is busting out his last 2 molars. They are so close to breaking the gums. I can't wait until they come out and we can be done with this teething business for a little while. Teething blows. He has really picked up on eating solid food in the last week or so. He eats a ton! Which, has resulted(or is the result of?) in not eating from me as often. Woo hoo! He is down to 1-2 times a day(nap and before bed) and then 1-2 times at night. With the exception of the last day or 2 when the teething got really intense.

Hadley and Corby went to the dentist for the first time yesterday. I know, we are slow. Anyway, they went and they said they had fun. Not how I would describe a trip to the dentist. They got to see a train(the dentist office is in front of some RR tracks), they got toofbrushes and they each got a toy. Corb was sad to see that his "gum" was really a trick gum with a bug on it. He thought it was actual gum. Oops. The dentist said that their teeth look great. All are in, and coming in straight. No decay. Woot!

I just noticed out the window that the Gold Finches have gotten their Spring/Summer feathers. They are BRIGHT neon yellow! They are really pretty. I hope they stick around all summer. There are 2 in the driveway right now. Ooo, and a Blue Bird just landed in the tree. Hmmm...a rainbow of birds. HA!


No comments: