Great weekend. Saturday I went shopping, alone. No kids. I haven't done that in over a year. I got Corb's summer wardrobe done, finished Hadley's next Fall/Winter wardrobe and picked up a cute thing or 2 for Oz and Lennon along the way. I dropped off 2 big boxes of clothing for my bff from elementary school. She is going to go through it and see what she can use for her twins. We didn't get to chat for long but plan on a longer visit soon. Saturday evening we planted 50 broccoli plants. They are on a table in the living room which gets lots of sun. Not sure if they are going to stay there until planting time or not. There was talk of a portable mini greenhouse.
Sunday we had an early Easter dinner with my Mom's family. It was good to see everyone. Sadly, my Grammy and Papa(who are in their 80's) have decided the time has come to move in with my Aunt. The decision wasn't made lightly. A cousin of mine wanted to purchase the house they are living in now but she can't afford it. As it stands now the house is going to be auctioned. Nothing is definite yet but it makes me very sad. I've thought about trying to talk Clint into buying it and moving back down there, but really I am not sure that we would be happy with the decrease in land(their house has a little over 3 acres) and the area were the house is located. It is along a busy road, a race track and a recently built casino. I am having an internal struggle. That house has been in our family since it was built. I have such great memories there, my Grammy used to get me on the school bus in the morning, Christmas's, picnic's, donut days....
This week is going to be busy. The geese and ducks are now old enough to be outside all day long. They will still need a good shelter to protect them from the cold at night. When Clint gets home tonight we are going to build them a temporary pen for them to be in during the day and make them a secure spot in the barn for at night. We also want to go to a local shop that sells Amish furniture and wagons. Ozzy is going to be getting a wooden wagon for his birthday. We want to get that sometime this week.
Speaking of Oz...I really can't believe he is going to be a year old on Sunday. He is still a baby, he can't be a year old already. Where the heck did that time go? He is so goofy. He just brings light into the house and everywhere he goes.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment