Monday, March 03, 2008

Living with fowl

Having these peeps, ducks and geese around is one of the most fun things ever. We watch them all day long. They are so funny. We all have our favorites now. Corb's favorite is the big yellow goose. Hadley's favorite is the tiniest blue and yellow peep. Clint likes the "chipmunk" looking ones and the geese. I like the black silkie and the brown and yellow goose. Lennon likes the grey silkies. Oz wants to eat them all. HA HA HA HA!!!

The geese have totally stolen the show. They are the most interactive, inquisitive and alert to what we are doing. If someone isn't sitting near their brooder they peep really loud. They are so adorable together. They snuggle up to sleep with their heads resting on each other. I have no idea if the geese are boys or girls but I want to name them Toula(the brown and yellow) and Violet(the yellow). I dunno why, it just came to me.

Here are the 2 brooders set up in our big room. The chicks are in the one on the left, the geese and ducks are in the one on the right. We built those fancy brooders. Ain't they purty? We still need to build the top for the one on the right but they aren't jumping out yet so we have some time.

Corb and his favorite.


Hadley and her favorite.

Lennon and his favorite.

Everyone chilling holding the geese and a duck.


No comments: