Tuesday, January 23, 2007

P.E.T.A peeps read no further

Update on the Farm Animal Members.

Dewey-the dog is ginormous. It is easy to forget he is only 10 months old. As the days got colder and we all spent less and less time outside, Dewey decided it was time to explore his surroundings. We would find him almost across the field and call him back and so on. Last week Clint came home from work and asked me where Dewey was. I told him he was just on the porch. Clint went out and called, no Dewey. Clint decided to change out of his work clothes so he could perform a proper search. As he was changing I see a white truck coming up the drive. Who is that in the passenger seat? Dewey. Here he went across the field into the middle of the street. The guy across the street brought him back. Dewey went in the big dog kennel and has been there ever since. We leave him out a few times a day to run but for the most part he is in there. I feel bad but at the same time I can't just leave the kids here and go chasing after him all day.

The Chickens-As they grow into adulthood the pecking order has kicked in big time. This week the larger full sized roosters have decided it was time to do away with the smaller banty roosters. In other words, we have no more banty roosters. Clint found 2 and one has gone missing. On one hand it is sad, on the other, at least we don't have to do it now. I just wish I would've known they were going to do it. I would've held a cockfight and taken bets.

No comments: