I just know they will look back someday and wonder WTF I was thinking dressing them all alike or similarly. Oh well, it makes me happy and I am going to keep on doing it while I still can.It was a rainy day the day we visited 3 separate Maple Farms. The first one was our favorite. We learned a lot. They had a lot of free samples. Lennon's favorite were the hot dogs(he ate 3!)
The Sugar Shack-this is where they boil the sap for about a day. The steam coming out smells really, really good.

Our friendly Maple Farmer putting more wood on his fire. He gets it from a company that makes baseball bats, hence the funny holes out of the middle. There is an alarm that goes off every 6 min so he can put more wood in the fire. The temperature has to be maintained at a certain point.

Checking out the taps.

And, that is about it. We learned a lot but there isn't much photo evidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment