Thursday, January 08, 2009

Long time no type

Wow. It has been a while. Things have settled into a good routine. I am finding myself with some free time again. Hopefully, this will mean I can get back into the habit of documenting the reality that is our life again.

We have been having a mild Winter, which is lame. More ice and rain than snow. Christmas was fun. The children were very happy with everything they received. School is going extremely well. We took a 2 week break for Christmas that was hard for the children. They were asking almost every day if it was time to start school again. I thought that was pretty neat. They were very excited to start up. We have been learning about shadows this week. Yesterday, we made shadow puppets then experimented with them. They did this for a good hour. Next week we are going to take a look at the importance of Farmers and Farming-the real kind, not Doctors. We will be taking a field trip to the Farm Show! Clint took Tuesday off so we could go. Last year the children did really well. We were able to stay the entire day. We are hoping it goes well again this year.

Ozzy has added a lot of words to his vocabulary. He has also taken up nodding his head yes or no. The no is always accompanied by an "uh uh". He has gotten a wicked sweet tooth. He pushes the kitchen chairs to the kitchen counter to see what goodies he can find on them. We used to store our cookies there...not anymore. I really thought that by the 4th child I had seen pretty much everything. Ozzy finds very creative ways of surprising me. It is refreshing, ok and a little frustrating. But, I love seeing how his little mind works.

No comments: