Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Yes we can

I know that is going to be the new thing everyone says but it is a great thing to say. I am so happy that I was able to take part in history yesterday. I haven't been this excited about a presidential election, um, ever.

We took the kids with us to vote last night. It ended up being a really positive event for them. The candy from the older ladies running our polls made sure of it. We did not have to wait at all. The ladies took our names as soon as we walked in. They showed the kids were we signed our names, what number voters we were(819 and 820), and then that they needed to initial their names in a box next to ours that meant they had seen us sign our names. They all crammed into a booth with Clint.

Corb is excited to fill in his map this morning. I told him yesterday he could color the states blue or red as the night went on. Poor guy fell asleep after the first few states were projected. He kept asking me to check the map yesterday.

I just have to say it again...Yes we can!

No comments: