Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Day 2

Change is never easy at first. That is what I keep telling myself. I am committed to homeschooling and making it a great, fun experience. But, right now I am asking myself WTF I was thinking. We had fallen into a easy schedule-TV for some of the day, and a whole lot of free play inside and outside. We have cut out TV all together minus the little bit after our night story time before bed with Clint. The kids are cranky-I am sure because their minds are feeling tired. I am cranky-it is so much easier doing "nothing". But, again, I really want to do this and I know it will just get easier. If I still feel as though we struggling in a few days I will just cut back on some things and try them again in a few weeks.

Today we learned about the calendar and our morning exercises. First we stretch all of our body parts, then we do jumping jacks while saying the days of the week and the months of the year. After that we add the next number or date to the calendar, and say the date.

For our Getting Ready to Read skillz we talked about words and how they make a sentence. I would read a sentence out of a book and Corby would put a stone on each word. Then he would remove the stone when I read the words again. Hadley did this a little bit also. Lennon played with the rocks.

Name Activity-they put stickers on paper that had their name written on it.

Focus Game-"The Knocking Game"-I knocked on different things while the kids had their eyes closed. They had to guess what I was knocking on. Lots of laughter with this game.

We read some poems out of "Where the Sidewalk Ends". Hadley cried a lot when I read "Someone ate the Baby".

Tonight Clint is going to talk about each kids number that corresponds with their age.

Millersburg is turning 200 years old. The town is hosting celebrations all week long. We plan on attending many of the events. Tonight we are going to see the street lamp lighting and have cake.

No comments: