Broccoli and grean beans are still coming in like crazy. I love having the fresh broccoli. We are going to eat some tonight. The kids fight over it. We are going to plant twice as many plants next year.
We have a cantelope!!!! It is big, too! Just needs to ripen and then we can eat it. Lennon will be in heaven. He loves fruit.
We also have about 8 neck pumpkins on the vine ripening. I can see one from the house. I think we will be giving some of these away. I don't know what to do with so many!
Regular pumpkins are starting to come in also. There is one out there the size of a basketball. Clint put a board under it to keep it from rotting.
Tomatoes are fast ripening. I predict a lot of sauce making beginning next week.
Green peppers are plentiful as well. I am going to make some stuffed peppers to freeze. I've also read that you can cut them up and freeze them to use in recipes later. I am going to do that, too.
Corn....ha ha ha ha ha ha...our corn. I must laugh at it. It is about 3 feet tall and trying to make ears of corn. It is so pathetic, it is funny. So funny.
I don't think we will be getting any watermelons this year. The plants look good and have spread out all over but yet, there are no melons to be seen. Maybe they will be late bloomers-or maybe they are just slacker plants.
The Peeps-Well, we have confirmed that we have 3 Roosters and 1 Hen, shouldn't it be the other way around? The hen was named "Allyson" after Allyson. The rooster I decided to keep is named "Ruddy". I chose Ruddy because he has the biggest "comb" and seems the most manly. He wins the mini-cock fights they have. That is a funny thing to watch. Rooster Loser #1 has taken the news well. He said he will go quietly when the time comes. Rooster Loser #2 decided to throw some dramatics. In an attempt for pity he talked Corb into picking him up, then hucking him in the raspberry bushes when he say his Daddy coming(he isn't supposed to handle the peeps unless we are there). Since that, RL2 has been walking funny. Not sure what is going to happen with him yet. Just keeping an eye on him for now.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMgosh - I just peed my pants at the rooster story. Hey - maybe you could get a deal with Animal plant to do something like "Meercat Manor". "Amish Fowl...It's for the Birds." What...no?
OK - that was actually supposed to say "Animal Planet" but I am famously bad for looking at what I actually type. :)
Post a Comment